Sponsored by the Cleveland Municipal Court, Earle B. Turner and Ward 9 Cleveland City Councilman Kevin Conwell
The application form gives you the option of applying for a WAIVER of fees OR a REDUCTION of fees.
Applying for a Waiver of Fees
See How to Use the Ohio Benefits Self-Service Portal for help using the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, Benefits Self-Service Portal to apply for SNAP or to obtain a screen shot of your case status.
1. The waiver of fees (elimination of all re-instatement fees) is only for those who have SNAP assistance (food stamps) or have applied for SNAP assistance. Apply for SNAP here.
2. YOU CANNOT APPLY FOR A WAIVER OF FEES ONLINE. You must get a screen shot of your case status from the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, Benefits Self-Service Portal. If you have problems getting a screen shot, contact a Job and Family Service office.
3. Once you have the screenshot, either mail it in with the application, or take both to a B.M.V. Deputy Registrar.
4. You will get a response within 10 days if you qualify for a waiver. If you don’t qualify, the notice will explain why.
5. If you get a notice that you don’t qualify for any waiver of fees, you can still apply for a reduction of fees.