Home | Calendar | Contact Us  |  


       fbicon    ticon    instagram-png-instagram-png-icon-36    

Who We Are:

Assistance provided by the Court’s Housing Specialists

The Housing Court is pleased to offer you the assistance of the Housing Specialists. Housing Specialists are court employees with expertise in and knowledge about housing renovation, inspections, rentals and management. They can offer you information and assistance in Housing Court cases. Housing Specialists are NOT attorneys and CANNOT offer you legal advice or representation. Housing Specialists CAN, however, provide landlords, tenants, and property owners with information about the law and about court procedures, including information about:

  · Eviction Process · Ohio Landlord Tenant Act · Cleveland Codified Ordinances · Mediation Services · Utility Shut-Offs · Restraining Orders · Rent Deposit · Motion to Compel Repairs · Applications for Release of Rent · Code Violation Cases · Move Out Procedures · Lock Outs

Housing Specialists may provide you with blank forms for your use, or may direct you to places where forms can be purchased. Housing Specialists cannot complete the forms or file them for you. Housing Specialists are available to see people on a walk-in basis from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, on the 13th floor of the Justice Center.

If you are interested in speaking with a Specialist, please sign in with the Housing Court receptionist on the 13th floor. Please note that the Civil Division of the Clerk of Court is not able to accept filings after 4:15 p.m.

If you would like to file a document with the Clerk, and want to speak with a Specialist before doing so, please arrive at the Clinic before 3:30 p.m.

Specialists can also provide information by telephone. Specialists receive many telephone calls each day; please allow 24 hours for a Specialist to return your call. If your problem is an emergency, it is best to speak to a Specialist in person.

Please call the reception desk at (216) 664-4295 to be connected with an available Housing Specialist.

Court Numbers

For questions about a Court date, a fine or outstanding balance of fines and costs, please call the appropriate branch of the Clerk’s Office. You will need to provide your case number when calling. You can also check the Clerk's website:
www.clevelandmunicipalcourt.org. Click on the Case Information link for information on your case.

Traffic/Criminal Clerk's Office:
(216) 664-3268
Civil Clerk's Office:
(216) 664-4870
Small Claims:
(216) 664-4860
Trusteeships/Rent Deposits:
(216) 664-6910

For questions or more information, contact:

Jayah J. Watters-Clark
Director of Communications
(216) 664-6918 


Cleveland Municipal Housing Court | 1200 Ontario Street, 13B | Cleveland, Ohio 44113